Episode 22 – Market Watch
The market refund policy is reduced from 24 hours to 15 minutes and more.
- Market Watch
- App News
- Twidroyd, after going to an ad-supported model, is now back to adless. They also introduced the Twidroyd Factory, a site to customize the theme of the app.
- Doctor Seuss digital books now available for Android. The Cat in the Hat and How the Grinch stole Christmas are available for $3.99 each.
- Touiteur Twitter Client updated to 2.0. New widgets and more.
- Youtube for Android updated to include in page playback, commenting, bug fixes, and more.
- Voice Search updated
- Google Maps soon to receive an update which will include faster rendering, 3D Buildings, offline caching, and compass orientation to orient the map with the location/position it is being held in.
- Aldiko 2.0, long awaited, is ‘coming soon’. Will offer Adobe DRM support.
- Overdrive Media Console (Install via AppBrain)
- Google Books (Install via AppBrain)
- Xmarks for Android part of new premium offering for $12 a year (Install via AppBrain)
- Roku Remote (install via AppBrain)
- Platform News
- Honeycomb will have new APIs to allow an application to split its views into multiple views, which can be side by side or one after another.
- Chrome OS is for ‘netbooks’, Android is for touchscreens
- Starting with Gingerbread, some Android devices will move from the YAFFS file system to the ext4 file system. Data2Ext(link)
- Developer’s Corner