Episode 27 – I is for Ice Cream Sandwich?
I is for Ice Cream Sandwich? And H still can’t be for Halvah? Do these names even make sense? Find out what we think on another episode of Android Buffet.
- Platform News
- Market Watch
- App News
- Gametanium bringing games-on-demand to Android in February. Game subscription service, providing a variety of games at an as-yet undisclosed monthly fee.
- Gingerbread Keyboard now in the Android Market (Install via AppBrain)
- Google Googles scans barcodes, recognizes print ads, and now solves Sudoku.
- Official Playstation App launched in Europe, extracted for the U.S.
- VEVO for Android now available. Music video site. (Install via AppBrain)
- Google Translate updated, includes alpha for conversation mode, which is meant to be like a universal translator.
- SwiftKey working on a tablet version, splits QWERTY and places digits in between.
- SwiftKey is also on sale, for $1.99 for the next few weeks.
- Newegg releases Android app, asks for help in improving it. (Install via AppBrain)
- Swype releases open letter to Android ROM developers on acceptable uses of their product. If the phone didn’t come with Swype, you cannot distribute it.
- CircleLauncher is a widget that you press and it pops up a circle of apps to launch. (Lite Version, Install via AppBrain)
- UltimateFavesPro creates a carousel of apps or contacts (Free Version, Install via AppBrain)
- Zeam Launcher works well on the Nook. Lifehacker endorses it as a fast launcher alternative. (Install via AppBrain)
- QuickPic – Nice lightweight gallery (Install via AppBrain)
- InstaFetch(Lite Version, Install via AppBrain) – Lifehacker just reported on this as if it were new, even though Guru has been using Instafetch. It is Free, but the Pro Version requires payment by Paypal.
- Developer’s Corner