Episode 50 – 110010+
In Episode 50, we talk about Plus…from far…an interview with the Spin Doctor of StockSpinoffs.com, and more…
- Google Launches +, their social networking platform. More on this when we get an invite, but it looks good so far…
- Followup…uploading 20GB of music to Moozone
- Platform News
- 40GB of data that costs the same as a house…the insane cost of overrage charges. The EU is set to impose new caps on mobile roaming.
- Android could reach 1 million daily activations in 2011, by Androinica’s calculations
- Google pulls access from Taiwan after they find Android Market refund window unlawful
- Android web Market now showing User Rating Details
- Android phones suffer highest Hardware Failure Rate, 14%, compared to 9% Windows Phone 7, 8% to iPhone, 3.7% for Blackberry.
- Apps News
- CoPilot Introduces CoPilot Live version 9. This week, the apps are being offered for 40-66% off.
- GateGuru for Android released. A long popular app for iPhone, GateGuru provides comprehensive airport information, including services, maps, checkpoint wait times, etc. (Market Link)
- Skype 2.0 released with two-way video calling support. (Market Link)
- Opera Mobile 11 browser released.
- Obscuracam detects, blurs faces, and strips metadata from photos. (Market Link)
- Uloops Studio, music studio for Android (Market Link for lite version)
- Miriam-Webster Dictionary App hits market (Market Link)
- Transdroid, popular torrent download manager for Android, pulled from market.
- CSI Virtual Mastercard app is scheduled to launch in July.
- UberMusic Beta, a new music player from the creator of LauncherPro is now in beta.
- Deveoper’s Corner