Episode 51 – Here’s Jere with the Traffic
Jere Gives a Tip on Traffic, Guru and Jere try out Google+ and more.
- Guru and Jere try Google+.
- Google+ to Require profiles be visible to all. Private profiles to be deleted
- Market Watch
- Apple to GetJar: “Stop Using ‘App Store’”
- Android Police sits down with the head of the Amazon Appstore after a negative comment by a developer.
- Platform News
- New Platform Numbers, Android 2.3, 18.6%, Android 2.2 59.4%, Android 2.1 17.5%, Android 3.x at 0.9%.
- Netflix grants the TI OMAP4 HD certification, which means phones with the OMAP4 processor will be able to stream HD Netflix content.
- Google Apps accounts now supports up to 10 account sign-ins simultaneously.
- Microsoft Wants $15 for Each Android Handset Samsung Sells
- HTC announced bootloader unlocking starts in August
- App News
- Bitcoin for Android released, still rough. May lose you money. (Market Link)
- Bloomberg for Tablets launched. Does not require Honeycomb. (Market Link)
- SysLogCat allows you to send your phone’s log files to a Syslog server
- EA Mobile bringing Scrabble to Android…if Wordfeud and Words with Friends weren’t good enough.
- Just in time for the end of the space program, unfortunately, NASA releases their full Android app (Market Link)
- ABC News releases an official Android app. (Market Link)
- Vlingo updated to 3.0, offers overhauled UI, and now supports additional languages including French, Italian, German, Spanish and Chinese, with Japanese and Korean support. (Market Link)
- Google Maps gets experimental lab feature for offline downloading of maps. Directions require data still. Adds Transit Directions.
- Citrix GoToMeeting and Receiver to be preloaded on Droid 3.
- Developer’s Corner