Episode 64 – What Are You Doing, Jere?
Guru makes plans to launch a dedicated Icecast server after finding no suitable ones. More on this to come.
Sponsor: GoToMeeting with HD Faces makes it easy to collaborate online anytime. Try it Free!
- Android Buffet is now sponsored by GotoMeeting with HD Faces.
- Mandatory mention of the death of Steve Jobs. We may not buy Apple, but you have to respect the competition.
- Arthur C. Nielson dies at Age 92. Was responsible for devoting money for the building of Univac in 1948.
- Charge Your Cell Phone Battery in 10 minutes?
- Senators to introduce bill to ban mandatory binding arbitration clauses in Cellphone contracts
- Platform News
- Latest Android version numbers released, Gingerbread (38.7%), Froyo(45.3%), and Honycomb has less than Cupcake and Donut
- ICS Google Apps start to leak, is ICS coming soon?
- Google Chrome coming to Android? Chromium, the Chrome Open Source Project, sets up build target for Android
- CyanogenMod 7.1 now includes new lockscreen, native screenshots, and Softkey LED notifications, released today. includes a slew of new devices supported, and experimental support for devices like the Touchpad.
- 2 out of every 3 Smartphones Sold are Android(43.7%) or iOS(27.3%)
- The next version of Google TV coming soon, with app support.
- Siri’s new iPhone Voice Search…will Android rise to the occasion?
- Sprint is getting the iPhone…does Jere feel dirty yet?
- HTC confirms security hole, promises is building a patch
- Guru looks at options to change his approach to being Busy by linking it to a Calendar.
- Tasker ($6.49 in the Market, less if you buy direct) – Automate everything.
- Previously used – Timerrific (Free, Market Link)
- Calendar Silencer to schedule silence mode (Market Link)
- App News
- Google Books Goes International, launching in UK.
- Google Docs updated, better tablet support.
- Google Shopper updated, adds support to +1 your favorite products, save products, receive Google Offers, et
- AT&T offers Mobile Accessibility Lite, an app for Blind of Low Vision Android Users (Market Link), for AT&T users only.
- Minecraft Pocket Edition now available. (Market Link)
- World of Goo coming to Android
- Official Washington Post App Launches. (Market Link)
- Official Hotmail app now available. (Market Link)
- Want to have your voicemail played on the show? Call 201-2-WENECA or email us a link.
- If you like the podcast, and want to support us, you can Tip Us using Paypal or an Amazon Gift Card