Episode 68 – Live from New Jersey
Android Buffet Live launches new live streaming without Ustream, and a full time IRC chat room.
Sponsor: GoToMeeting with HD Faces makes it easy to collaborate online anytime. Try it Free!
- Gingerbread up to 45%, Froyo to 41%…Ice Cream Sandwich can’t come soon enough.
- Over 55 Crowd adopting smartphones fastest
- Google Reader
- Sharebros launch Hivemined, trying to reproduce the loss of Google Reader’s social features.
- Are Google’s new interfaces too dull? Gmail launchesnew look
- New Market rolling out, adds option to auto-update all apps by default, and update only by wi-fi.
- App News
- Dolphin Browser accused of security issue. Webzine feature checks URL against database. The developers insist that there was nothing malicious, and have disabled the feature by default in their latest update.
- University of Phoenix app now available, being used for discussion forums and grades. (Market Link)
- GetGlue adds real-time chat to Android app, allowing people to participate in a show in chronological order.
- Skifta out of beta, allows streaming from an Android device to a DLNA equipped device, or from a computer to Skifta.
- Winamp updated, adds support for syncing with Macs. (Market Link)
- GO Locker for Android offered on top of Go Launcher EX. (Market Link)
- Jolicloud attempts to make multiple cloud services available from a single app.
- Reproducing Time Lapse features with Lapse-It (Market Link)
- Swiftkey releases multitouch feature for alpha testing.
- Greed Corp, a warfare strategy game is now available for Android. (Market Link)
- Google Offers app released. (Market Link)
- Yahoo weather released. (Market Link)
- Google Docs and Reader updated to use the ICS interface and widgets.
- Norton unveils Norton Tablet Security
- My Fishing Companion reviewed, perfect app to use while listening to Android Buffet. (Market Link)
- Poweramp 2.0 released, new audio engine improvements, more improvements coming (Market Link)
- Duke Nukem 3D for Android launched. (Market Link)
- Ancestry.com releases official beta.
- Atari launches Greatest Hits for Android. 99 cents each, $9.99 for all 100 games (Market Link)