Episode 69 – Android Pickpockets
Sponsor: GoToMeeting with HD Faces makes it easy to collaborate online anytime. Try it Free!
- In Other News..
- U.S. Supreme Court heard oral arguments in U.S. vs Jones, which asks whether police needed a search warrant to place a GPS device on a suspect’s car. Physically tracking someone for the same period without a warrant is not a legal issue. The case has greater implications, as many online records may be obtainable without a warrant.
- Mobile News
- Kindle Fire lacking full Android APIs. Some apps may not run.
- Matias Duarte discusses the evolution of Roboto
- 80% of Smartphone Users Multitask while Watching TV
- Carriers Seeking Higher Mobile Data Prices – new models might come into place, including application based, multiple device, tethering, peak/off-peak hours, speed boost
- Microsoft going after Huawei’s Android devices
- Beacon from Griffith turns Android phone into a Universal Remote
- Notion Ink CEO claims Ice Cream Sandwich source coming November 17th
- New Verizon phones have Auto-Wifi notification system to conserve Mobile Data. You can have this right now.
- Verizon offers its own Verizon WiFi Auto On (Market Link) – Good idea, some complaints about execution.
- Wi-Fi Auto On (Market Link) – Uses coarse network location to activate wifi.
- Apps News
- Dailymotion App now available. (Market Link)
- New Google Maps now available, adds live events.
- Google Books updated, promising better support for 7-inch tablets
- Adobe to stop development of the mobile Adobe Flash player.
- Netflix now supports Cyanogenmod 7
- Call Master Beta offers total control over calls and SMS.
- PayPal redesigned, adds NFC payment widget for equipped phones. (Market Link)
- Univision Android apps for TV and radio now in market. (Market Link)