Episode 80 – The Incredible Shrinking Co-Host
Guru and Jere talk about privacy, news, and more.
- Tablet Talk – Guru reports on his three days with tablets.
- EFF asking for help in renewing exemptions on jailbreaking/rooting, and asking for extensions to tablets and video game consoles.
- Google unifies privacy policies under one umbrella. World panics.
- Platform News
- T-Mobile USA Testing IPv6 on Select Devices
- RIM’s new CEO says that all Android devices are the same. “Just take a look where the Android OEMs are. I leave this to you. Take a look at their recent announcements and what you will immediately see is there is just no room for differentiation because they are all the same.”
- Flurry reports that the Kindle Fire is closing in on the Galaxy Tab as the top Android tablet
- it isn’t the Menu Button, it is the Action Overflow
- We still need better Tablet apps
- App News
- Official Formspring App released. (Market Link)
- Doubletwist updated, adds a premium feature for podcasts. (Market Link)
- Fly Delta app updated, adds fixes and international support. Guru tries it out on his Delta trip. (Market Link)
- SwitchMe Dual boots Android with multiple profiles (Market Link)
- Touch-friendly version of ClockworkMod Recovery on the way.
- BBC News app updated for tablets, limited to UK users
- Decide for Android monitors electronic prices, tells you if it is a good time to buy. (Market Link)
- Producteev task manager releases Android app. (Market Link)
- Dolphin Browser adds Evernote and Skitch functionality.
- ReadItLater Pro paid app captures 45% of new holiday signups – during the holiday season, registrations grew 148% from November to December.