Episode 93 – Say No to Amateur Liposuction
Guru and Jere plan for North Carolina
- Facebook Likes aren’t protected by the First Amendment
- 10 Uses for Old Smartphones
- One in Five Drivers would spend $3000 to add self-driving to their next car
- Federal Ban on Cell Phone Use sought by U.S. Secretary of Transportation, unifying enforcement among 50 states.
- Can Google Drive dethrone Dropbox? Drive offers a 25GB/$2.49, and 100GB for $4.99 option. Dropbox offers 100GB for $9.99.
- Google selling the GSM Galaxy Nexus for $399
- Turn off your electronics based on bluetooth proximity
- Platform News
- Carriers continue to be the crunch point for many updates
- Android is failing to get into business as iPhone and iPad do.
- One pundit claims that merging the Windows desktop and phone will cause Android to “Fade away”. Is the key to Android’s future integrating desktop and mobile experiences?
- Business Insider claims the end of Android approaches, as iPhone captures 59% of new U.S. sales
- Kindle Fire grabs 54.4% of overall Android tablet sales, followed by the Galaxy Tab at 15.4%
- Samsung introduces tablet-ready DVD drive with Android compatibility. Wondering what makes a DVD drive Android compatible.
- Apps News
- Twitter updated, fixes for various international users. Second update this week, first included adjusted design, activity in discover tab shows updates to your connections, new push notifications, and more.
- Facebook updated for improved performance, installs extra icons, including Facebook Camera icon as part of its app, XDA shows you how to hide them.
- Wi-Fi Tether for Root back to Play…until someone pulls it. (Play Link)
- Skype 2.8 for Android updated, now with faster startup and better video support. (Play Link)
- Taptu reading app updated, now allows linking to an account to have sources and articles saved across devices, offers a cleaned up UI. (Play Link)
- Pocket continues to improve its app.
- Turntable.fm teases Android app. Turntable.fm is a social music listening app.
- Scalado launches photo gallery app. (Play Link)
- Dropbox allows for sharing via link.
- TGI Fridays will soon allow you to pay for your meal with your phone.
- HP Releases Snapfish for Android (Play Link)
- Biggest Developer Complaints Against Google