Episode 105 – Y’All Must Now Love Mondays
Youse must join us for another Monday with Guru and Jere.
- Guru learns to be a spy and visits his Uncle, who wants to buy his next Sprint phone, and pulls out his Zoom keyboard.
- We’ve got Voicemail
- In Other News
- Judge says its OK to use your seized phone to impersonate you and entrap your friends – “While text messages may be legally protected in transit, he argued that they lose privacy protections once they have been delivered to a target device in the hands of the police.”
- Bitcoin price soars above $9 for the first time in over a year. Bitcoin transactions have doubled since April.
- Platform News
- Google underestimates demand for 16GB Nexus 7
- Linus Torvalds reviews the Nexus 7.
- Jellybean implements higher level of security, including measure to prevent various exploits
- Verizon sold 2.9 million Android devices in Q2, 4G now cover 75 percent of existing 3G profile, moving to 100% within another year.
- T-Mobile issues statement against Verizon, AT&T, and shared data plans.
- App News
- Ikea Catalog to offer Augmented Reality catalog, the traditional print catalog will be paired with an Android app that will show videos, assembly instructions, and more, coming July 31st.
- Notification History. For those of us without Jellybean, it runs as a service and collects notifications. (Play Link, Pro Version available)
- Lightflow – Total Notification Control updated, now supports Jellybean. App for control of devices with multi-color notification LEDs. (Play Link)
- Dolphin Browser adds tab, history sync…already offers Bookmark sync.
- Streaming service Rdio updated with major redesign. (Play Link)
- New Tasker update, now updated. Beta tag dropped, now fully supports the App Factory.
- Google Play Music updated, offering a Now Playing Queue, new UI for navigation, improved widget, etc. (Play Link)
- Holo Locker brings Jelly Bean lockscreen to older devices. (Play Link)
- VIM Touch, bring the power of Vi to your Android device. (Play Link)
- AAA consolidates its apps under a single app, complete with ads (Play Link)
- Adobe Reader updated, includes more form filling options. (Play Link)
- The Verge launches Android app. (Play Link)
- IM+ updated, offers better battery life, outgoing message queue (Play Link)