Episode 110 – Patently Absurd
Someone wins the Win Guru’s Junk Contest.
- Fundraising efforts for the Accessible Computer Foundation suffer when special guest Jere Jones fails to make an appearance during 12 hour streaming marathon. For just $2/month, you could become a supporting member.
- Samsung loses patent case
- In Other News
- Platform News
- Ting to officially roll out Bring Your Own Device. Currently supported devices have to work on the Sprint network. So far, no other network phones are supported, but Ting is trying to get Verizon phone support.
- Illegal Android download sites seized by DOJ. Applanet, Appbucket, and Snappzmarket are now offline
- App News
- Weather HD now available, does not include widget. (Play Link)
- Pandora updated with new UI. (Play Link)
- Flickr refreshed with new UI and features. (Play Link)
- Facebook forcing its developers to give up iOS devices and use Android as a way of encouraging its developers to fix the problems with the official app. Meanwhile, Facebook app updated with some additional features. (Play Link)
- Facebook Messenger updated, allows you to see when someone was last online, and better integration with the main Facebook app, if loaded. (Play Link)
- Movies by Flixster updated to support new design guidelines. (Play Link)
- Servers Ultimate turns old phones into servers. Choose from DLNA, DNS, Dynamic DNS, Email, FTP(S), Proxy, SMS Gateway, Time, HTTP(S) and/or (secure) WebDAV server. Free version limits number servers/users. Pro version removes restrictions and ads. (Free, Play Link)
- Music, Magazines, and Goggles updated. Music now supports Google TV.
- TWIT Live Shortcuts. Creates shortcuts to TWIT live streams to allow them to launch in apps of your choosing. (Play Link)