Episode 119 – Called on Account of Hurricane
Guru battens down his hatches and we shorten the episode due to inclimate weather.
- In Other News
- Businessman bills a cold-call firm $13 for every minute they wasted his time and won.
- Librarian of Congress declares rooting smartphones is still legal for the next three years, but not tablets. Unlocking phones without carrier approval is no longer permitted.
- Google launches Get Your Google Back site to teach Windows 8 users how to add Google search to their devices and add Chrome.
- Apple apologizes on their UK website by judicial order…apologizes their tablet so cool everyone wants to copy it.
- Platform News
- Apple releases 7.9 inch iPad. No one is surprised, anyone who owns an Android tablet is annoyed. Now everyone will think they have an iPad mini.
- Google postpones New York event due to Hurricane
- Will it include a 3G Nexus 7?
- Ubuntu installer now available for the Nexus 7
- USPTO invalidates Apple rubber-band scrolling patent used in Samsung trial
- App News
- Kindle for Android updated, adds improved support for Jellybean, support to share documents and image files to your Kindle account and more. (Play Link)
- Flipboard updated, adds audio soundtrack option. (Play Link)
- Swiftkey unveils a beta of a Swype-competitor feature called Swiftkey Flow.
- BeyondPod updated with Jelly Bean fixes and UI improvements
- Camera Zoom FX receives update, adds in brand new UI and brand new features. (Play Link)
- Samsung Tectile 3.0 released, adds profiles, history, and private tags